As I sit down and think what to write about as an Inspirational tip of the week; the word inspiration comes to my mind. There couldn’t be a better subject to write about than inspiration or how to live an inspired life.
Contemplating on the word inspiration brings into my mind Wayne Dyer’s thoughts about it. In his audio “The secret to inspiration” he talks about how we are not human beings having spiritual experiences, but in fact spirits having human experiences. This is originated from the idea that we come into this life as spirits, and leave in the same way.
Since learning to live an inspired life has probably been one of the most important lessons in my life then, why not share it with those of you who are perhaps at the moment facing different kinds of life challenges, and are therefore having difficulties tuning into your higher self where true guidance to an inspired life lies.
Even though living an inspired life might seem as a simple thing to do, yet we can see how most people struggle with it, and some don’t even know what it is all about. For those of you who do know it; you also know how difficult it can be to stay steadfast in a place of inspiration when faced with obstacles and the challenges of life. I myself have to admit that when I face obstacles, disappointments and frustrations; I often lose my harmony and therefore my own inspiration.
At those low moments, I usually take action towards getting re-inspired by meditating and listening to inspirational audios which always get me back on track of feeling inspired. Some of you might find talking to friends, visiting beautiful nature spots, and or pursuing your artistic talents more effective way. The goal is to evoke feelings of peace and harmony so whatever accomplishes that, is the right thing to do.
An important part of living an inspired life is to believe that obstacles, frustrations and disappointments come into your live for a reason. They are all learning experiences in disguise, and therefore are an important part of your journey towards your goals and desires. I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and that even good or bad people come into my life for a good reason. Therefore, I suggest that you openly embrace and accept both obstacles, and difficulties along with those people whom you might not approve of as part of your journey.
So what does it mean to live in an inspired life?
In short, I could say that living an inspired life means putting a complete trust in your instincts, knowing that you are part of something much bigger and more significant. The oneness theory describes how we are all part of the same source, and therefore we are all connected like branches on a tree or like cells in a body. Believing that you are a part of the whole creates a different meaning to your life, and puts it into a different perspective. Your instincts are the language through which you can communicate with God, or whichever source you wish to call that power that lies behind all creation. Trusting your instincts is trusting God. Your instincts are your compass that guide you, and always has your best interest at heart. In this world, your role is what you feel it should be. I believe that it is only when you decide to let your instincts guide you that you can truly live in harmony.
It can be difficult to let go of what the logical brains tells you to do, and just listen to your heart. Many times in my life I have fought my inner knowing or instincts as they sometimes don’t make any sense to me. Recently, I got the idea to write about single life in Dubai and my learning and observations from that experience. My writings started taking more and more of my time, which led me to neglect other important goals with regards to my business. In the last two months, socializing, having fun with my friends, meeting new people, and then writing about it has truly been my focus of attention. Despite the fact that I’ve been having so much fun, a voice in my head kept telling me that I was wasting my time, that I should focus on accomplishing more goals I have for my business, and stop fooling around like a teenager; yet the more I tried to pull myself together; the less I accomplished. One day, I made an appointment with a medium and had a reading. From the reading, I got confirmation that what I was doing was correct, and there was a deeper meaning than I could see to it all. Even though some of you might find it stupid to believe in medium, but it was a turning point for me in learning to trust my own instincts. So I have continued going out, meeting people and having fun without feelings of guilt and regrets.
Sometimes when we listen to our inner voice, it doesn’t make any sense, but what I am suggesting is listen anyway… and do what feels right; yet not necessarily what makes sense.
Below are a few suggestions on how to live an inspired life. All of these rules I keep in mind and try to follow as much as possible. But as a human being it is important to know that making mistakes is part of the journey, and therefore only a simple reminder of who you really want to become as a person. Sometimes we need to experience what we don’t want to see; what we really want or as Wayne Dyer so profoundly describes it, without ugliness we wouldn’t be able to experience beauty, and without war we couldn’t experience peace, and without hate we wouldn’t be able to experience love.
Here are my tips on how to live an inspired life:
- At all times, tune into your heart and listen to your instincts when you face challenges or difficulties in your life. What feels right? What does that inner voice tell you to do? Sometimes before going to bed or when I meditate, I simply ask and then wait for the answer to come to me. Sometimes it comes immediately and sometimes it takes a few days or even longer. Learning to ask the right questions is an important step towards living an inspired life.
- Take time for yourself every day to meditate or pray. Whatever creates complete peace in your heart is what you need to achieve here.
- Let go of judging other people and yourself. When you judge another human being you are not defining them, you are defining yourself.
- Go into a new relationship or a friendship without any expectation. Observe and learn, and if the person does not make you feel good or at peace, let go of that friendship or relationship. The biggest mistake we do is trying to change people around us to fit our own needs.
- Forgive and forget, carrying feelings of anger and hate will only affect you.
- Always look for the best in every person you meet. Whether they have a bad or good reputation, meet them with the mindset that you will only look for the best qualities and traits that person has to offer.
- Learn to focus on what you want instead of what you don’t want, as what you think about becomes your reality
- What you give out, you get back, so remember to give out to other people what you wish to get back from them. When you meet the needs of other people, your own needs will naturally be met.
- Act instead of reacting to people and situations. Go out of your way to be kind and just. When a person is mean or angry to you, respond with kindness. Go out of your way to make that person feel better knowing that their anger and injustice has nothing to do with you but rather it is their response to their own life challenges.
10. Live in the presence. Too often we forget ourselves regretting the past or worrying about the future instead of focusing on here and now. Those feelings of guilt and worries do not only affect our perception of the present but can even affect the future in a negative manner. Learn to live for the moment, looking for the best that every moment of your life has to offer, and have faith that the future will enfold exactly the way you want it to.
Health and Wellness coach/ Inspirational speaker